WCA ID: 2015OAKK01
Kunal Oak is an Indian Professional Speedcuber who specializes in Big Cubes and 3x3. He is a seven-time National Record Holder and defending 7x7 National Champion. He has won a total of 29 events in WCA competitions, and several online competitions and leagues.
On top of his success in Big Cubes, Kunal is widely known for his exceptional performances in 3x3 and 4x4, his immense algorithm knowledge and efficiency, his controlled and fluid turning, and in particular for his methodical and regimented approach to practice. He is a firm believer in efficient, deliberate practice to optimize progress, and has helped 60+ clients with his methods.
His official best times include solving the 3x3 in 5.83 seconds, 4x4 in 27.45 seconds, 5x5 in 50.40 seconds, 6x6 in 1 minute 32 seconds (Current National Record), and 7x7 in 2 minutes 17 seconds (Current National Record). Outside of cubing, Kunal loves music, bodybuilding, and cooking. He also has a very keen interest and aptitude in mathematics and research and is aspiring to do a master's degree.
He has over 7 years of competitive experience, and over 3 years of experience in teaching the Rubik's Cube and other official puzzles that are part of Cube Competitions recognized and administered by the World Cube Association (WCA).
- 3x3 (CFOP & Roux Method)
- 3x3 OH (CFOP & Roux Method)
- 4x4 (Yau Method)
- 5x5-7x7 (Yau & Reduction Method)
- Megaminx, Square-1
- Finger Tricks, Efficiency, Turning fluidity
- Controlling nerves for competitions
- Competition preparation and practice regiments
- Structuring your practice to improve at several events simultaneously
His main cubes:
- 3x3 and 3x3 OH - MoYu RS3M 2020
- 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 - YJ MGC Series
- Megaminx - YJ Yuhu V2 M
- Square 1 - YJ MGC
- A Rubik's Cube.
- The determination to self-challenge.
- Patience and commitment
- The motivation to not just be as fast as me, but significantly faster
What you'll learn
- Anything you want
- Tips and Tricks to solve a Cube within minimum time.
- How to turn faster and more fluidly
- Understand basic concepts of the events and get the algorithms list.
- How to learn hundreds of algorithms fast and with maximum retention, and how to implement these in real solves
- How to handle competition nerves, as well as creating your own pre-competition regime to maximize competition performance
- How to pinpoint and rectify your own weaknesses, for long term sustainable improvement