WCA ID: 2012BABU01
Nithin Babu is an Indian Professional Speedcuber specializing in 2x2, 3x3, 3x3 OH, 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6. He is a nine-time National Record Holder and a former 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5 National Champion. He has competed in a total of 21 events, with a total of 75 podiums, including 24 gold medals in WCA competitions, and several online competitions and leagues.
His official best times include solving 2x2 in 1.87 seconds (average), solving the 3x3 in 6.51 seconds, solving 4x4 in 28.27 seconds, and solving 3x3 OH in 13.53 seconds (average). Other than Cubing, Nithin Babu’s interests include Weight Training, Fitness, Basketball, MCU, and DCEU fandom. He completed his undergrad from IITM and is going to pursue his MS from GeorgiaTech in the US.
He has over 10 years of competitive experience, and over 2 years of experience in teaching the Rubik's Cube and other official puzzles that are part of Cube Competitions recognized and administered by the World Cube Association (WCA).
- 2x2-6x6 (NxN Expert)
- 3x3 and 3x3 OH (CFOP expert)
- 4x4 (Yau Method)
- 5x5 & 6x6 (Yau & Reduction Method)
- Colour neutrality
- Finger Tricks, Efficiency & Turning fluidity
His main cubes:
- 2x2 - QiYi Valk 2M
- 3x3 and 3x3 OH - Moyu Weilong WRM2020
- 5x5 - QiYi Valk 5M
- 4x4 & 6x6 - YJ MGC Series
- The availability of relevant puzzles.
- Knowledge of basic methods for all the above puzzles.
- Patience and commitment.
- Motivation to change and become faster.
- Desire to think out of the box.
What you'll learn
- Tips and Tricks to solve a Cube within minimum time.
- Understanding of new ways of solving that one picks up from years of cubing experience.
- Develop the ability to pinpoint weaknesses and areas of refinement.
- The trajectory of improvement, and how to follow it for maximum success.